Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm not dead...

...just busy.

I've been extremely busy recently, but never fear for I've still been musing over ancient history each day (only without boring all and sunder with it).

I'll hopefully get something up in the next few days.

I've just finished reading Catherine Steel's "Roman Oratory", which I think it a compact and great little text and I have several thoughts about it. I studied under Professor Steel in Glasgow and I enjoyed both her lectures and seminars greatly, in fact I'd say he seminars were the best I experienced in my time at University. That aside, she's an authority on Roman oratory, and her work is well worth reading.

I've also just started Plutarch's Moralia in an older Penguin edition by Rex Warner. He's great, so I'm looking forward to it.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment